MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company continues to invest and lead the world container market with ships, an extensive container fleet, intermodal and dedicated staff for its customers. The Company’s evolution to its leading brand needs consistency to market, and therefore it is paramount to standardise data, processes and management information.
Established in 1998, MSC Technology provides development and technology support for the MSC transportation divisions and is composed by highly accomplished technology professionals. Today, with a team of 1000 plus, MSC Technology provides the best, most interactive maritime software solutions available in the industry. With an emphasis on equal employment opportunities and a collaborative approach to growing our expertise and solving complex problems, we are a trusted strategic partner with a great journey ahead of us.
The Agile Tester is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and execution of both automated and manual tests for a Scrum team. He/She provides leadership effective testing to the Scrum teams to promote software quality at the end of each sprint.
He/She has experience in testing within an Agile process and a DevOps continuous integration process, where the goal is to automate the tests during the sprint.
He/She understands what is unit testing and work in team with developers and product specialists to ensure quality at the end of the sprint.
• Analyze user stories by discussing with the product owner and product specialists
• Collaborate daily with the developers to define the needed tests in each user story
• Implement Good Testing Practices and guidelines from the Testing Community.
• Implement, maintain and execute both automated and manual tests for the Scrum team
• Contribute and perform Load tests and other Non-Functional tests.
• Implement Automated Regression Testing for each new user story
• Implement Automated System Integration Testing for each release
• Functional testing for each user story developed by the development team.
• Actively participate to scrum ceremonies and propose ideas
• Contribute to the Testing Community to improve guidelines, support peers
• Contribute to the team work by helping colleagues when they need
• Exploratory testing (manual) whenever needed
• Write and maintain How To Guides for End Users
3 ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a mutually respectful working relationship with all staff in to ensure a strong Team effort in all activities
• Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to all Program Stakeholders’ questions and inquiries in a positive and constructive manner
• Complete tasks as required by the Company
• Anticipate and address potential issues leveraging previous experience and strong problem-solving skills
• Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to all Program Customers’ questions and inquiries in a positive and constructive manner
4 FUNCTIONAL REPORTING
The position will report to the IT Director responsible of the Business Domain (Pricing)
• Position to be filled in Torino
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
(P) = Preferred, (R) = Required
General: - Software Testing in an agile process (R > 2 years)
- DevOps Continuous Integration and Deployment (R > 2 years)
- Agile methodology (SCRUM) (R > 2 years)
- Delivery of developed enterprise software (R)
- Working in offshore mode with remote team members (P)
- The maritime shipping industry (P)
Technical: - Microsoft Azure DevOps (VSTS) (Tests, Backlogs, GIT) (R > 2 years)
- Microsoft .Net C# and web API development (R > 2 years)
- MS Windows Server (R)
- MS SQL Server (R)
- Microsoft Visual Studio (R)
- Unit testing (P)
- Coded-UI tests (P)
- Testing certification (ISTQB) (P)
Other: - Fluency in English (oral and written – Proficient level) (R)
- Multicultural and international work collaboration (R)
-Communication skills (verbal and written) (R)