The Senior Software Developer will handle multiple jobs and must be good on lot of topics and not only on the development part. He/She will work on support, development, optimization, framework, training, guidelines, Azure DevOps and technology watching. He/She will be part of an international team with functional governance in MSC Technology Geneva.
• Training developers on Microsoft technologies
• Implement new functionalities and standard to facilitate the Microsoft development
• Maintain existing Microsoft applications (web services, software, services, web sites)
• Develop with Visual Studio, TFS, TSQL, Git, TFVC, NuGet, Azure, Azure Dev Ops
• Understand Business needs and be able to translate them into technical solutions
• As fast learner, adapt to several functional domains in a quick time
• Use agile technics/methodologies to analyze, design, develop and implement software that are secured and Compliant by Design
• Collaborate with other team members to deliver, implement and support solutions
• Ensure that software has the highest quality
• Pro-actively communicate relevant opportunities, risks, and issues to functional team leader
• Manage IT services requests (like support requests).
• Manage knowledge transfer with functional team members.
• Flexibility to work during weekends (or on-duty).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
(P) = Preferred, (R) = Required
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree (R)
Knowledge of software development life cycle (R)
Proven experience in C# (R, min 7 years)
Proven experience in ASP.NET Core (R, min 3 months)
Knowledge on T-SQL and optimization (R, min 3 years)
Knowledge on Design Pattern, SOLID pattern (R, min 2 years)
Knowledge on Azure DevOps (R, min 3 years)
• Git, NuGet, Repo, Test, Build, Release…
Knowledge on WCF, WIF, ASMX, WPF, Entity Framework (R, min 3 years)
Knowledge on security, AAD, O365, OAuth2, Scope, Token (R, min 2 years)
Ability to technological watching/cutting edge (R, min 3 years)
Knowledge on web front development (P)
Experience in the maritime shipping industry (P)
Proven interpersonal skills and ability to communicate/persuade others at all levels but particularly at more senior levels (R)
Fluency in English – C1 Level minimum (oral and written) (R)
MS Office and collaboration products (R)
Communication skills in multi-cultural context (P)
Other language is an asset. (P)
PERFORMANCE SKILLS GUIDE
Organization and Planning
Organize or schedule people or tasks; develop realistic goals and action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability; communicate these goals and action plans to all people involved.
Listening and Understanding
Clearly understand technical and business requirements. Include all required features in delivered products or services.
Commitment to task
Start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency.
Spoken and written communications
Clearly present information through the spoken word; influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances; listen well. Write clearly and effectively ideas; document activities; read and interpret written information.
Deal with ambiguity
Withhold actions or speeches in the absence of important information, while trying to get this information; deals with unresolved situations, flexible to changes, delays or unexpected events and adapts according to.