MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company continues to invest and lead the world container market with ships, an extensive container fleet, intermodal and dedicated staff for its customers. The Company’s evolution to its leading brand needs consistency to market, and therefore it is paramount to standardise data, processes and management information.
Established in 1998, MSC Technology provides development and technology support for the MSC transportation divisions and is composed by highly accomplished technology professionals. Today, with a team of 1000 plus, MSC Technology provides the best, most interactive maritime software solutions available in the industry. With an emphasis on equal employment opportunities and a collaborative approach to growing our expertise and solving complex problems, we are a trusted strategic partner with a great journey ahead of us.
To continue our growth, we are hiring new talents. We have decided to open a Development Center in Turin, Italy. We are looking for an experienced software quality and DevOps specialist.
The scope of this position is purely a software engineering and agile development practices Specialist. Indeed, going Agile means being able to deliver a working product to customer faster, frequently and with built-in quality. All in a distributed and multi-cultural team at scale with a necessity of defining and implementing standard practices at MSC Technology level and cross-locations.
• Define and maintain Software Quality and Delivery standards
• Produce corresponding Guidelines with metrics and rules
• Promote Good Practices implementation including:
- Product requirements management
- Software coding (UI, Service, DB, Integration middleware)
- Agile Testing (Unit testing, System integration, NFR)
- Continuous Delivery
- User adoption of deliverables (collect feedback, functionality usage)
• Coordinate with transversal teams including Product architecture, Release and Testing teams
• Foster productivity with a better tools’ usage
• Enforce automation and limit ad-hoc/manual operations
• Support development teams to efficiently improve their quality and delivery
2 HIERARCHICAL REPORTING
• Reports to MSC Technology Italia Managing Director
3 FUNCTIONAL REPORTING
• Reports to the Software Quality and Delivery Team Leader located in Geneva
• Position to be filled in Turin
• Availability for travel as required to other MSC Technology offices, like India, Warren and Geneva 2-3 times per year (2-week duration each time)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with agile development practices (functional and technical) including scrum, XP, Kanban and scaled Agile: advanced level
• Agile testing automation including unit testing, integration tests, end to end, non-functional requirements: advanced level
• Microsoft Azure DevOps, .NET and Web developments: advanced level
• Significative experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Perfect command of English, written and spoken.
• An additional language is a plus.
• Agile, fast learner, take initiatives, teamwork with remote teams, management of changing priorities, focused, strive to automate and to handover
The candidate should be a Team player, possess excellent interpersonal skills, be motivated and demonstrate the following skills: critical thinking, problem solving, flexible and dependable, agile, fast learning, taking initiatives, seeking teamwork with remote teams, able to manage changing priorities, focused, striving to automate and to handover.