MAKE A DIFFERENCE
MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company continues to invest and lead the world container market with ships, an extensive container fleet, intermodal and dedicated staff for its customers. The Company’s evolution to its leading brand needs consistency to market, and therefore it is paramount to standardize data, processes and management information.
Established in 1998, MSC Technology provides development and technology support for the MSC transportation divisions and is composed by highly accomplished technology professionals. Today, with a team of 1000 plus, MSC Technology provides the best, most interactive maritime software solutions available in the industry. With an emphasis on equal employment opportunities and a collaborative approach to growing our expertise and solving complex problems, we are a trusted strategic partner with a great journey ahead of us.
The candidate will participate in level 3 application and Crystal/SSRS Reports support, implementation, distribution and maintenance of Client-Server software applications for the maritime shipping industry (sea container carrier). Candidate will be responsible for occasional business analysis and day to day application support for our international clients. Some tasks may require testing user interface (not code testing).
This position requires knowledge of SQL databases or any other relational databases, working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems: Win: 7/8/10 (including servers 2008-2016). Also ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Remote Connection tools (Remote Desktop, Remote Administrator, Remote Desktop Manager). Specific job assignments will include 3rd level of B2B support of production software and responsibility for implementation/upgrades of system software. Writing support procedures is a part of this assignment.
Candidate should have: a minimum of a BS or BA degree or HS diploma + at least 3 years' experience in IT (software) support.
Experience in Crystal Reports, SSRS, SQL Server (can write ad-hoc queries)
Maritime shipping operations experience is preferred, but not necessary.
Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with interpersonal skills are required.
Perfect candidate should:
- Be familiar with global shipping industry (shipping terms, documents, operations, geography, etc.). Sea shipping experience preferred;
- Have knowledge of SQL Server (can write ad-hoc queries), knows SQL Server Reporting Services or/and Crystal Reports;
- Know how to read business requirement document and specifications for software development team;
- Experience in UI testing.
- Have good analytical and verbal communication skills;
Special benefits Include:
- Health Care Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- 401K Savings Plan
- Suburban Work Location
- Casual Work Environment
- Direct Hires (no Agencies)
- Only considering applicants in regional area (NY, NJ and PA)
- US Citizens or those legally allowed to work in the US only
- Visa sponsorship or transfer of sponsorship not currently available for this position
- Will not hire on a contract basis
-Mandatory Drug/Background Check
IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance