When you join MSC Technology, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage. Through constant learning, discovery, and collaboration you’ll not only help our global users deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across our company. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, MSC Technology is looking for you.
This position involves providing prompt technical support to end users on a variety of software and/or hardware issues related to on-prem and Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
Successful candidate will excel at problem identification, research of the problem, trouble shooting and final resolution of various technical problems. They will also be a quick learner.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
· Support of Windows Server OS from version 2012 to 2019 both physical and virtual with in the on-prem datacenter and in Azure.
· Monitoring of Service NOW support cases and providing solutions to the cases.
· Monitoring and resolving alerts received.
· Knowledge of various Microsoft products
o Office 365 click to run
o Surface Hardware
· Supporting our current backup solutions for on-prem (Veritas Backup Exec) and in Azure.
· Active Directory user account setup, which includes but not limited to application and maintenance of user’s security rights.
· Understanding Group Policy Objects and creation/linking of them.
· Creation and maintaining of servers/workstation on-prem and in Azure.
· Understanding various Azure related items.
o VM creation
o Azure Update Management
o App Registration
o Storage accounts
o Managed disk
· Ability to prioritize based on importance.
· Equipment installation and configuration
· All types troubleshooting, and technical support are part of this position's duties.
· This position will also include maintaining up-to-date department manuals, which will require editing existing procedures, as well as, writing new trouble shooting procedures.
· Basic network administration is a plus but not required. *
- Direct Hires (no Agencies)
- Only considering applicants in regional area (NY, NJ and PA)
- US Citizens or those legally allowed to work in the US only
- Visa sponsorship or transfer of sponsorship not currently available for this position
- Will not hire on a contract basis