1 THE ROLE
We are looking for an Application support & testing engineer to join our pool of experts, reporting and interacting directly to the Product owner/product Team lead.
The scope of this position is for an engineer with deep interest for the maritime business and high attention to detail when testing (technical) process flows and supporting the business within the MSC Group. He/she assures the quality of all supported applications, products and systems. By applying agile values, he/she will try to constantly improve him-/herself and continuously learn on business and process topics.
He/she will be supported by several communities of practice that will provide help when needed. Together with the team of analysts, and developers he/she will ensure the operation and improvement of the process flows which are key for the business of the different entities belonging to the MSC-Group (MSC HQ, MSC agencies, Medlog and Medrepair).
2 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute test scripts/cases (manual or automated) and review results
• Create logs to document testing phases and defects
• Report and document technical issues and errors to development teams
• Evaluate the development according to specifications and defined scope
• Pro-actively work towards improvement of the supported applications
• Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
• Identify automation opportunities
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality of the software development
• Collaborate with other team members to develop effective strategies and test plans
• Provide clear documentation
• Support IT-colleagues on functional aspects (knowledge sharing)
o Inform on the newest processes/applications
o Give training where needed
• Functional support activities for the different applications used by the business.
o Daily support via ticket system/support mailbox
o Handle incidents with the necessary priority
o Discuss with stakeholders within IT
o Perform root cause analysis and report for chan